How to Receive Fantom Assets
This will guide you through the process of receiving Fantom crypto assets to a walled managed by your Ledger Nano S device.
To receive Fantom assets, you need to give the sending party your Fantom account address. You can think of it as your bank account number. It's safe to share, but on some cases you may want to use a different address for each incoming transaction to protect your privacy. This depends solely on your use case.
- Open the account detail in PWA Fantom Wallet. See the previous chapter for details on how to do so.
- Click the Receive button on top menu of the account.
- You will be presented with the address and a QR code for faster sharing on mobile devices.
We strongly advise you to Verify the Address on your Ledger Nano S device before sharing it with the other party. You will make sure the address can be managed by your Ledger Nano S device and that you will not loose any assets by giving away a wrong account address.
To do the validation please follow these steps:
- Make sure your Ledger Nano S device is connected, unlocked, and the Fantom FTM application is active.
- Click on Verify Address on Ledger button on the PWA Fantom Wallet screen.
- Your Ledger Nano S will show the address on screen.
- Carefully compare the address displayed on your Ledger Nano S with the one presented in PWA Fantom Wallet.
- After you verified that both addresses are the same, you can dismiss the one on your Ledger Nano S by simultaneously clicking both buttons on the last page of the address.
- If you are not sure how to navigate the address on your Ledger Nano S, see the How to Navigate Fantom FTM chapter for the details.